Wednesday 1 August 2012

Overload! Nail Polish everywhere. (Picture Heavy)

A trip to the city! Hurray! I had a wonderful trip away and I managed to steal some time to oggle nail polish. There is not much available locally and I went into overload when I saw what one Target had. Sadly, I did not get a good look because I had to take someone to the toilet before heading off again.

Finally, I was able to bash my credit card around at Target, Priceline and Terry White Chemist. There was also a side trip to browse at Myer. Sadly, none of the assistants were interested in helping me there. That is probably a good thing because I may have caused my credit card to commit suicide with Illamasqua. I did have trouble deciding what to get because I think I already have a lot of polish. Admittedly I do not have as much as some people out there but... I need to remember that I have to store it somewhere. Miss L had to take her own picture of the haul.


I was thrilled with finally seeing essence branded polish. Although the bottle is small at 5 ml, I did not realise that it would be cheap as well at $2.55. Some time soon I think I will have to try Absolutely Blue to see what it is like. There was also a "Gel Look" top coat that I grabbed. I have since tried essence gel-look and it did not seem any different to the shine of the Seche Vite on my other hand.


There were a few deals in Priceline and one enabled me to finally get some of Revlon's Quick Dry Top Coat. I had read a good review on this and thought that it was worth trying since it was something I could buy in a hurry if I ran out until I could get other top coats. While I was there I also bought a Colorstay Base Coat.



Also at Priceline, I bought two L'Oreal polishes. Normally I do not buy L'Oreal but Miss L and I liked 613 Blue Reef and 211 Opulent Pink. Blue Reef is more teal than blue and a good addition since all of my teal polishes tend to have some kind of shimmer and are not a creme finish. Opulent Pink was chosen because I want to try a manicure idea with that type of shade. It is not quite the strawberry pink-red shade I wanted but close enough.


Miss L chose two Nicole of by OPI polishes in purple. I adore purple and so does Miss L. These are One Less Lonely Glitter and Virtuous Violet.


Almost there! We have two Chi Chi polishes next. My friend asked me if I was trying to tell her something when I showed her the name of the polishes I chose - Gimme Gimme a Man and Cradle Snatcher. Should I admit I had a giggle over the names and bought them in part because of this? I have an orchid pink in the same colour family as Cradle Snatcher and I hoped for a better formula than the Models Prefer one I have. I am very happy to report that the brush from Chi Chi is much better and the polish stays better.


Finally...

These came from Daring Digits when she had a sale in July. The bottles are 12 ml each and are very elegant. I bought Robin because I thought he would make a good Christmas polish. The other two have hearts in them. Awww, how sweet. The level in First Love is lower because I had to re-take the pictures when I had already used it.


Phew! Done!

No comments:

Post a Comment