Tuesday 31 July 2012

Happy Birthday July!

A few special people I know celebrate their birthdays in July. I thought I would honour that with a manicure featuring red for the birthstone of July, ruby.

The glowing ruby shall adorn,
Those who in July are born;
Then they'll be exempt and free
From love's doubts and anxiety.

- From a Tiffany and Co pamphlet (1870)

I was going to use China Glaze's Ruby Pumps. Instead I used a red spectraflair franken christened Revhead Rainbow. The base colour is Rimmel Lasting Finish Double Decker Red. Surprisingly, I was able to wear this for three days before I had to remove it. That had to be some kind of record for me. And yes, this polish is much more holographic in real life.


As I did not have time to do anything too fancy, I stamped two images on my ring and middle fingers of each hand. Yes, I have fallen in love with using Nails Inc Cleopatra's Kiss. The balloon image is from the Australian themed Konad plate from ICNA. When stamping, I made sure that the "Happy Holidays" part was removed from my stamper. The gift icon was from Bundle Monster's BM-205.


No comments:

Post a Comment