Wednesday 15 August 2012

Awesome Aussie August: BYS Kung Fu Blue

The availability of BYS seems to vary where I live. Sometimes you can find some in the discount stores. At other times there may be nothing or a few stragglers left over. One particular store always seemed to have a good display of BYS until I went in there looking specifically to try the brand.

Where were all of the polishes? Yes, it is a good thing for the consumer that the polishes are now on racks and in individual bags. This would help stop those people who like to open the bottles and play with the polish before you buy it. On the other hand, they seem to have a smaller range now as having them displayed hanging on hooks takes up more room to the way they had previously.

The only one that took my fancy was Kung Fu Blue. From my pictures you may not believe that it is in the same colour range as that dusty Tiffany blue.


Three coats were required to make it opaque. I could have even applied another one just to make sure. It applied fine but was a little patchy. Having no ball bearings was a minus for me. I like to have them in my polish.

As an extralian (Extra Australian - ex-trail-ian and not extra-alien!) bonus, I added Australis Speck-tacular to the top. I really prefer to use this over dark polishes for a more dramatic look. To be able to attempt to capture the beauty of the flakes, I had to take some pictures inside. These seem more true to colour than the outdoors picture in the afternoon sun.


Blurred to try to capture rainbows...

2 comments:

  1. thats such a gorgeous blue colour! I used to love BYS, but haven't tried their things in a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really hard finding a colour I did not already have in the hoard. I was a little worried about the finish as I have only one other BYS and that was terrible for opacity. It is a yellow though.

      Delete