Sunday 12 August 2012

Awesome Aussie August: Mode Messed Up

I don't know why I overlook the Mode stand at my local chemist. There never seems to be anything that grabs my attention. Is it because I have too much polish already? How could I entertain such an idea? Mode is exceptionally affordable at $2.45 for 15 ml of polish.

Some Mode polishes are made in Australia. Most of the others are made in China. I even found one that was made in the UAE. Today I have Messed Up and my bottle was made in China. In the bottle it appears a grey/purple colour. This is something unique in my hoard of polish. It applied well and the brush was easy to work with. So why don't I have more Mode polishes?


What I am trying to hide in this picture is the tip wear on my nails. There are also many small chips on my thumb. I applied this polish before I went to bed and I took these pictures the next morning. I can not work out how this polish could have chipped from me sleeping. It must have been a rough night!

I did not have time to remove this polish and put a new one on before I had to dash to work. By the afternoon it was worse for wear. In fact, there were many odd cracks across the polish on my nail. They went in strange directions and shapes. I am presuming that the formula in this polish when dry does not match the flexibility of my nails. The different tensions cause cracking and problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment