Saturday 4 August 2012

Awesome Aussie August: Australian Flag over Australian Made Polish.

Since the Olympics are on, I thought I had better show some Australian pride and have an Australian Flag manicure. Why not? It's the perfect excuse to give the Konad Australian themed plate some work.


This manicure is done with Satin Nail Enamel 21. I have only seen this brand at one local chemist and no where else. I am not sure how easy it is to get. You can not complain about price as it sells for $2.50 a bottle. Satin also manufactures other cosmetics such as blush, lipstick etc. When I was last in the chemist there was a display promoting buy two and get one free.

Oh how unexpectedly I liked Satin 21. I was worried when I did the first coat as it was very streaky and thin looking. When I had the second coat on, all I could do was admire the lovely navy with shimmer.


I used the ICNA Konad Australian plate for the flag and I <3 AUS. This was stamped in Konad White Pearl for both images. A fine brush was used to paint in Konad Dark Red for the Union Jack part of the flag. It looks good from a distance but close up... blech. I have to admit that I was not planning on keeping this on. After I had done it, I decided that I would keep it. That blue is so very nice.

Mr R wanted to help me out with something for me to hold for the picture. I had a koala but it was too large to get my hand around. He brought out his iPod with an Australian flag to hold. Sadly it was too large for me to hold easily too. We did get a picture.




No comments:

Post a Comment