Saturday 18 August 2012

Awesome Aussie August: Duck Feathers aka Ozotic 505

Some time ago when it was much warmer than it is now, I was at the park with my Strumpet and our children. There is a creek that runs through this park and some ducks inhabit the creek. It is not difficult to get me started on nail polish since I am obsessed with it. My Strumpet said that she thought it would be great to have a nail polish that flashes the different colours of a duck's feather.

I finally have something to offer here that I think resembles the flash from green to blue to purple. Just like a duck's feather. Yes, it is Ozotic 505 and it will always be Duck Feathers to me. Sadly it is discontinued. Each time I look at it I am always mesmerised. I catch a glimpse of emerald green or the elusive pink and gold shift. Sometimes it is purple and teal. How many pictures you could take of this and still not capture the beauty.




Just out of the water - the pink and gold shift.

My manicure is two coats of Duck Feathers over the Fantasy Maker's Wet N Wild Black. It would take too much to try to build it up to opacity. Sadly, I don't have pictures of the emerald green shift because my camera will not co-operate with the awesomeness of the multichromatic pigments in this polish.

To complete the theme, I stamped some feathers with China Glaze 2030. Both images are from Bundle Monster. The single feather is from BM15 and the other is from BM-214.


I think I need more moisturiser with this harsh Winter weather.


Again and again I try to get the colours and emerald green is there on my nail but not on the camera. I did capture this glorious purple.


To my Strumpet,

I hope you love Duck Feathers as much as I do.

<3 ME xoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment