Wednesday 8 August 2012

Awesome Aussie August: Colour by T.B.N. - Passion and Adore

Colour by T.B.N. is another one of those cheap polishes you can buy at Australian chemists. I bought four colours from a discount chemist as I was attracted by the pretty colours and the $2.50 per bottle price.

Sadly, one of those bottles did not make it home. Thankfully they were all in a paper bag that contained the damage from the broken bottle. The first thing I noticed when I opened the boot of my car was the smell. It is a very strong chemical smell that I am obviously not used to with the other nail polish brands I have.


Amazingly, I did something a little different with this manicure. I fell in love with tape manicures when I came across Chloe's Nails. She makes them look amazing. Apart from using the tape on not completely dry nails, my aesthetic concern is whether I can get the tape to line up at the right angles and positions.


Dry time was a little on the long side for these. The colour is lovely though. Above we have the two bottles of the Colour by T.B.N. polishes I used with the trauma still evident from their broken comrade. On the left we have Passion 124 and on the right is Adore 115. Adore is a standard hot pink with shimmer and noticeable silver shimmer flecks.

Passion on the other hand looks like blue in some lights and purple in others. At the edges of the bottle a pink colour shift seems to appear. There is also shimmer with loads of the silver fleck. The interesting thing about applying Passion was that it started out blue but when it dried and you applied top coat, it was definitely purple.

Colour by T.B.N. is Australian Made and they have a website showcasing their brands. This brand is not featured on the website.

1 comment:

  1. Colour by TBN is not Australian made - it's all made in China.

    ReplyDelete