Wednesday 22 August 2012

Awesome Aussie August: Ulta3 Magnetic Seduction

Miss L and I were looking at the Ulta3 polishes. It's hard not to look when you are a polish addict as there is so much available for a bargain price. From the new magnetic polish display, Miss L chose Seduction for me.

Ulta3 provides magnets with their polish in a cardboard holder attached to the handle of the polish. Be careful with magnets around your electrical devices. I had one of those slice styles accidently placed near the netbook. I no longer have a display on the netbook that functions properly as it is all wiped away with the power of magnetism.


Seduction is an unusual shade. It is purplish in some lights but can seem more burgundy in others. I used the magnet on all of my fingers except for the ring finger. Unlike the design on the package (Which I won't photograph because it is damaged.) the nail polish shows with a frosty, almost metallic appearance when the magnet has not been used.

I found the process tedious and not very rewarding. When you use the magnet over the polish you get a sharp, frosty line. As the polish dries that line spreads to a much wider band. It is also difficult to hold the magnet without hitting your nail. The magnet is simply attached for a piece of cardboard folded into a triangular shape.

Do not apply your top coat too early. Allow the polish to dry for some time first. This is how I ruined the magnetic holder. How? I started applying top coat to still wet polish and found that my magnetic lines were smearing out and I was getting polish all over my brush. I ended up scraping the offending polish onto the cover.

For me, magnetic polish is a novelty. It is an interesting novelty but not something I would use very often.

No comments:

Post a Comment