Friday 10 August 2012

Awesome Aussie August: Natio Brandy and Daring Digits Robin

Without realising it, I seem to have been using Australian nail polishes so far since August began. Perhaps I am subconsciously channelling the Great Aussie Polish Challenge.

Natio is a brand that does not seem to get much attention. I have only one polish from this brand and the other polishes available at my local chemist do not inspire me. All of the colours are safe colours for the mainstream of nudes, reds and pinks.


Brandy was bought on eBay. At the time I was looking for the perfect nude colour. It applies well and it looks good. I was using this to go under OPI Fit for a Queensland. Unfortunately I can't show that final manicure idea because I didn't capture the pink shimmer on camera. Before I could stamp over Fit for a Queensland I scraped off two of my nails by scratching my leg. Ooops. Those layers refused to dry.

I had one last Daring Digits nail polish to try out so I layered it over Brandy. Robin is a perfect nail polish for Christmas and it behaved perfectly. This one is the only one I bought that did not have large glitters so it was not a learning curve in being able to apply it.


Look at all of those lovely glitters in the bottle. The small gold hexes, the red hexes and the fine green. Next time I will probably do more than one coat. It is a pity I did not receive this polish earlier as I could have used it for Christmas in July.


2 comments:

  1. I have been looking for Natio Brandy everywhere! Seems like its only available in Australia :( Which eBay seller did you buy it from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a feeling it has been discontinued for some time. I never saw it in store when I bought this from eBay. I bought Brandy way back in June 2011 and the seller's name was sunny.7217

      I am sorry that I can't be of much help. :(

      Delete