Saturday 25 August 2012

Awesome Aussie August: Peita's Polish - Shooting Stars

I previously used Shooting Stars over Satin Nail Enamel 21 but the blue stars were lost on the base. After removing the polish because it had started chipping before I had opportunity to take some pictures, I tried again. This time I used the latest craze of PVA glue for my base coat. After this had dried to clear I used Ulta3 Antique Copper.


Antique Copper seems more a champagne gold colour in many lights to me. I used two coats of this colour to make it opaque.


Over the top I used Peita's Polish Shooting Stars. After my experience with Zebration, I should have added some thinner to it. In fact, I should have done it after my first use of Shooting Stars over the blue polish. It is very thick and I had trouble fishing the stars out.


Shooting Stars has a lovely blue shimmer that showed up spectacularly on the blue colour but I could not seem to find it on the gold base of this manicure.


What I could find but not photograph well was the holographic glitter. This is definitely the shooting star part of the polish for me. I am a sucker for anything holographic although I have stayed away from the gritty holographic glitters because of the removal factor.


With the PVA glue as a base it did come off easily. I removed the polish fairly soon after I did the manicure and took photographs. Because of this it seemed as though the middle layers of polish were still tacky and that was the hardest part to remove. I had a bath and this resulted in clean nails. 

No comments:

Post a Comment