Friday 24 August 2012

Awesome Aussie August: Gloss n Sparkle

I have a special feature for you today with the polishes from Gloss n Sparkle. You can buy these on etsy from Angela's shop.

The three colours I bought were Goblins Grave, Mirage and Sangria. I could not resist these sparkling beauties and I had my eye on Gloss n Sparkle polishes ever since I started trolling through listings on etsy about a month ago.

When I next wear any of these I will wear a similar colour under the nail polish. I used Sangria and Goblins Grave on their own and Mirage over the top of another colour.


First up we have Goblins Grave. When I opened my parcel I had the biggest oohs and ahhs over this one. A glorious dark green jelly with holographic glitter. I did not get good pictures with either Goblins Grave or Sangria as we had a couple of miserable days. One day I may invest in making a light box.


I applied three coats to achieve this depth of colour and look. Seche Vite was used as my top coat but I damaged the jelly on my thumb. Hence there are no thumb shots for this polish. There are no complaints about the application and the outcome is so very pretty. It does make me long for longer nails to set off this look.


This pretty baby blue polish is Mirage with pink and aqua (although the listing says gold) shimmer, silver glitter and large holographic glitter.


Essence Absolutely Blue was used as the base colour for this polish although it is darker. I think this helped vastly with the wear on the polish as I wore it for almost three days. That is one of my longest lasting wears.


I was really happy with the stamped snowflake manicure I made out of this but I did not capture any pictures because my camera ran flat.

Lovely, lovely Sangria is the first that I used. Last on this list. I know Angela describes it as a red jelly but I would call it very dark pink. See the mix of the glitters? It made my camera freak out. I adore this polish and it was what goaded me into making the order. Sighting Goblins Grave only sealed the deal


I was so keen to get Sangria on my nails that I applied it at night in practical darkness. The picture below shows why that was a bad idea. The application of a base colour will probably help this polish because I had to apply four coats of polish.


Yes, I did find this polish after admiring Lacquer or Leave Her's Tequila Sunrise manicure. As I do not have the length of her nails, this is probably the closest I will get to the lusciousness of that manicure.

Overall, these are great polishes but I think for best wear you need to put a coloured base underneath. My order was also shipped promptly and I received it quickly although it required to travel via road transport due to Australia Post restrictions.

No comments:

Post a Comment