Sunday 19 August 2012

Slowly Tweaking...

I quite like to fiddle around with the layout and design of documents sometimes. There was a little of that when I started this blog and I intend on somehow making it prettier and more unique in the future. When? I do not know.

Recently I read a post from Sue at her blog, Creative Nail Design by Sue. I commented on that post because I loathe the word verification process myself. 

captcha example - Public Domain image released by BMaurer sourced from Wikipedia Commons
Most of the time I am browsing the internet from my phone and it is not a happy experience when you want to comment. Often I need to refresh the verification word so I can find one that I can make out what the letters are. At other times I become frustrated with the way the phone works for data input. When you move the screen to see the image better, you will find you can not continue entering your word. So you need to go out and back into the input dialogue box. Then you have auto-correct.

It was not until today that I checked those settings as urged in the post. Of course I had that stupid word verification feature for comments. This has now been banished from the blog. Good riddance! I shall have to deal with the robots on my own from now on. ;)

The other feature that I changed was opening the ability for anyone to comment. I know that one of the reasons I started a blog and having a name under blogger was so I could comment on the work of some of the great posts from the nail blogging community.

I hope these two changes help making my little corner of the nail blogging world a little easier to be a part of.


2 comments:

  1. I consider the post a success by alerting one person to blogger's insanity. Thanks for the shout out and I hope now you will get more comments. And...I always sponge my gradients. I only freehand nail art. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Link back where linking to is due. :) That is how I have found some amazing blogs with a click. Share the love.

      I have to try some more art freehand but there is so much to do and only so much time and so few fingers.

      Delete