Thursday 9 August 2012

Dragon's Demise - An eye shadow franken

The eye shadow that I used in my tutorial/guide for making eye shadow nail polish was Dragon's Blood from Fyrinnae. I used all of the pigment I had to make my 5 ml bottle for the opacity and pigmentation that I wanted. The shadow is a dark red with gold and magenta shimmer. Below is a picture (on my shocking Winter grass) of the polish next to the eye shadow.


When I used the polish it dried to a brownish red colour. It reminded me of blood, dried blood. This is why I thought I would name this Dragon's Demise.



Inspired by a bunch of roses, I stamped with Konad White and Bundle Monster image plate BM-323 with the rose image.


2 comments:

  1. I've always been a bit afraid to try make my own nail polish, this came out pretty nice though!


    BTW, I nominated you for the Liebster Award, follow my blog back for the Award!
    http://beautycatcastle.blogspot.com.au/2012/08/liebster-award.html


    (If you've already been nominated don't feel you need to post about it twice!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to see you try to make your own polish. As you can see from the pictures above, it is not hard. Sometimes it can take a little experimenting to get it just right.

      I have a little polish named Smurf Droppings I need to share some time. It was a failure.

      Delete