Sunday 19 August 2012

Smurf Droppings - A Franken

Smurf Droppings was my first eye shadow franken and I deem it a failure. I thought I would get a nicely shimmery, vampy polish. Instead I received a coffee coloured mess. Granted it does have some shimmer that appears dark blue or purple in the bottle or direct sunlight. This shimmer and the blue colour is especially evident when the shimmer settles out of the polish. Mr R named this one Smurf Droppings. I am not sure I should allow him to name future frankens...


The pigment for Smurf Droppings is Everyday Minerals Starry Eyed.


After I finished making the polish and first swatched it on my fingers, I removed it right away because it was awful. Today I applied it again and used four coats to cover up nail line and bald patches. Seche Vite did not behave with this polish and caused serious shrinkage. It was so bad that it was pulling and crinkling around all edges.


In the sun the blue shimmer sparkles with a slight rainbow with purple and blue being the main contenders for colour.


To bring the polish into line with the name I decided to add some dots in Satin Nail Enamel 10 with N.Y.C. Color Casper dotted on top of that. It is just a wavering smurf trail across my fingers. La la lalala... My thumb was graced with a mushroom stamped in Konad White Pearl and Nail Enamel 10 dots. The image is from Bundle Monster's plate BM-302.


No comments:

Post a Comment