Thursday 16 August 2012

Awesome Aussie August: Ulta3 Lollipop Lilac

I could not leave out using Ulta3 as one of my Seven Little Australians. There are other Australians that I plan on showing before Awesome Aussie August is over but they will either be an Indie Polish or a brand that will be more familiar.

Lollipop Lilac is a pink lilac foil with a silver base. The version I have was made in the PRC. I bought this one for Miss L as I knew she would adore it. Being a foil, it dries quickly and it tends to have better wear than any of the other Ulta3 polishes I have tried. The only bad thing I can mention about this polish is that my particular bottle had a damaged brush. This is most likely not a manufacturing fault but that of people bin diving and opening the polishes for a play.


You will notice that I teamed Lollipop Lilac with the manicure style that must not be named. I bought the small metallic balls from Born Pretty. If I ever buy them again, I will make sure that I buy ones in individual pots. The set I bought was in a nail wheel and that meant that the balls got everywhere because they were small enough to slip into a different section. I decided that I would mix them all into one jar.


I have terrible wear with my polishes and so I never expect my micro beads to stay on very long. To have a bit more longevity I use nail glue rather than putting the beads on wet polish. It is easiest to use the style of nail glue that comes with a brush. This means that you can apply it to the entire nail just like the base colour you have already applied. This method works so well that even when I had a bath, most of the beads stayed on. Often my polish will come off from soaking in the water.


I don't have any special way of putting on the beads. The jar is tilted so that they are collected at the side of the jar. Then I shove my wet glue nail in and press in. When I take it out I clean up with a brush as there is usually some excess. A top coat is not required but you may find that you need to clean up with acetone if you got the nail glue where you should not have.


No comments:

Post a Comment