Monday 27 August 2012

Awesome Aussie August: Satin Nail Enamel 10 Gradient

Here we go with the imaginative names again. I have another Satin nail polish for you and this one is Nail Enamel 10. It is almost a smurf blue with a magenta shimmer. That shimmer is apparent in the bottle but harder to see on the nail and impossible to capture on camera.


I applied three coats of this to make it opaque. The previous two coats were patchy and I could have possibly gone with another coat. I did not bother since I knew I was going to add more polish with a gradient.


Satin Nail Enamel 21 was seen previously as the blue base colour of my Australian Flag manicure. I fell in love with the look of that polish. When the bottles of the two colours were placed together, I knew that they would work. I did not think that the shimmer would interfere. It didn't but, I was not to know that it would barely show on the nail.


My gradients are sponged on with a make up sponge. A large bag was bought at the supermarket but you can find them almost anywhere. The fine effect that the make up sponge gives to the gradient is the style that I prefer. Admittedly, I have never tried a gradient with a larger holed sponge.


Isn't this so pretty? I could have almost used it for a nautical scene. The difference in the colours is more noticeable in reality.

When I first posted about Satin polish I mentioned that they had a website that did not work. In my travels over the internet I found a working site from the brand. Here you can buy and take advantage of their three for the price of two offer. It also looks as though all of their polishes are toluene, formaldehyde, camphor and dibutyl phthalate free. The down side is that there is little information around to give you an idea of what you are buying. You need to guess at the colours you want from the screen and hope for the best. Is it a shimmer, glitter or creme? All I know is that they are $2.50 each and $4.95 for their classic range.

No comments:

Post a Comment