Monday 24 September 2012

When Shift Happens over a Tequila Sunrise with a lot of pictures.

When I first tried Girly Bits Shift Happens, I wondered how fiery it would be over orange. For that orange I chose Rimmel Tequila Sunrise. I was pleasantly surprised that two coats of this did not look terrible on me. Admittedly, it is a little bright for my taste but I could not say it looked awful.


Next I applied two coats of Shift Happens. I took a LOT of pictures.


The red part of the colour shift did not appear over orange.


I found orange and gold. At the very extreme I could tease out green.


Not that I could get the green to appear well on the camera...


It did not look in the least bit like fire. Nice but no dice. I had anticipated this and I had already decided that I would stamp over this combination. I dragged out a few choices but I did not have anything that was a flame image. Well, not one that would show the above polish rather than the stamping polish.


I used Konad Black as my stamping polish and you can tell with the shoddy clean up. Why oh why does this polish have to be so hard to clean up? It smears everywhere and it is terrible. The image plate was from Bundle Monster (yet again) and was BM-312.


This manicure looks nothing like fire. Maybe tiger stripes? A colour shifting tiger?


2 comments:

  1. Wow, gorgeous combination:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I intend on trying it over red to see what happens. These kinds of polishes are a hazard to my health when I am driving. :)

      Delete