Tuesday 11 September 2012

Daily Manicure Week - Tuesday Cling Wrap

Hello Tuesday.

You started off with a plain manicure because you did not have much time to work on a manicure on Monday. It was that hard weekend you had. Now it is Tuesday and we get to introduce the second colour that we can use in our manicures. The polish I chose is the gloriously almost rusty coloured Mode Red Velvet. I had promised a featured spot on Red Velvet and I still have not done it yet. This colour was not the best choice as you will soon see why.

So what do you do when you have to get to work and you already have a plain base (Sephora by OPI Don't Feed the Hand Models) to work with? You can upgrade that manicure. After making those lunches and wrapping everything in cling wrap, take a little piece and bundle it up. Put a coat of polish onto your nails and dab it off with the cling wrap. I chose this way rather than using the cling wrap to apply the polish like a sponge because I had always liked the manicures from other bloggers using this method.


I think Red Velvet is the wrong colour to do this with as it looks as though I have dried blood splodged all over my nails! Then I tried to rescue the manicure. The below picture is outside of the rules I am trying to set for myself in Daily Manicure Week. I had to try to make it look better. It looks worse with China Glaze 2030 cling wrap sponged over the top. In real life my clean up does not look so bad but on macro... Blech. :(


I hope Hump Day Wednesday turns out better. This manicure would work better depending on the colours you choose. Use this as a lesson in not to use together.

No comments:

Post a Comment