Sunday 2 September 2012

Bee Obsessed Dad - Featuring VL002 Honeycomb Image

Happy Father's Day Dad! This one is especially for you.


The reason why I perk up my ears when something involving bees comes along is because of my Dad. He is an apiarist and is currently showing Mr R the tricks of the trade. Bee related things also make for great presents for both him and my mother since they have a good bee collection.

When I was browsing etsy for Indie nail polish, I came across Vivid Lacquer's store. My attention was immediately drawn to her stamping plates. Honeycomb alert! I had to wait for a little while for some disposable income but buy both plates I did. They arrived in excellent condition in their own plastic bag inside of a black box. The plates also had blue plastic film to protect the surface of the plate.


Two coats of China Glaze Happy Go Lucky were used as the base colour and the stamping was done in essence Just In Case. When I tested Just In Case for stamping on paper it seemed to do well. It did not stamp so well with this plate. I chose Just In Case because I thought it would go well with the yellow and I did not want to stamp with gold or black. The honeycomb image is from VL002. In my opinion the stamping on my thumb seems to have worked the best and this was the first nail I stamped on. Using nail glue, I affixed a fimo slice bee to my middle finger.


In my pictures I am holding a candle that Mr R, Miss L and I made with honeycomb foundation. Bee keepers often attach sheets of this to frames in their bee hives to help the bees out and to maintain neat honeycomb production. You don't want the bees making their honeycomb anywhere they want.

2 comments:

  1. I love this so much! I love bees <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have found more bee things lately. I just need to receive some of them and get the time to post about them. :) I am glad you loved this!

      Delete