Tuesday 4 September 2012

June Roses - A prickly profile picture

I thought I should have a profile picture for my blog. In my opinion with me being MsPrickle the best solution was a thorny one. To be more precise, I will make roses to symbolise my thorns.


For this purpose I had to buy myself a bunch of roses to take the pictures with. It's a tough life but one way to get flowers.

This was the second attempt to get the right look for the manicure. I first used Natio Brandy as a base for OPI Fit for a Queensland. It would be perfect with the pink shimmer and white base and stamped with Konad Dark Red. As mentioned in my Natio Brandy post, I ruined the manicure before I could stamp it. Too many layers to dry!

For my second attempt, I used essie Pearly White and stamped with Konad Dark Red. In my opinion, Konad Dark Red is the perfect match for the red roses. Pearly White did not dry until after I stamped it. I used Seche Vite before stamping and this still did not make the manicure firm for early stamping. The end result is not too bad but would be better if the base was pearly and smooth. These must be those bumpy freshwater pearls. After allowing the stamping to dry a little so that it would not smear, I topped with more Seche Vite. The roses are from BM-323.


I could have left this post for a year and used it for celebrating June birthdays. Pearl is the birthstone for June and rose is the flower. Another manicure will have to be created when we get to June.

No comments:

Post a Comment