Sunday 9 September 2012

Dragon with an Iridescent Eye - Gradient

Today I am featuring two well swatched polishes in a gradient. Jessica Iridescent Eye is one of the Chanel Peridot dupes and A-England Dragon.


It was frustrating to be unable to capture all of the loveliness of these polishes combined. I made my gradient with a make up sponge by painting both polishes generously across the sponge. The bonus using this method was that Iridescent Eye became more foil-like. When you brush the Peridot dupes on, they seem to have a tendency towards some streakiness. I found that Iridescent Eye was not too bad but with the smoothness of a foil finish it looked magnificent.


In the bottle and in the shade, Dragon appears to be a khaki scattered holographic polish. The colours conform well with Iridescent Eye as Dragon's colour seems to be one of those in the colour shift of Iridescent eye from gold through to green and finally at the extremes to blue.


The magic comes when you go into the sun. Dragon bursts into life with vibrancy. It is not just the holographic effect coming into play. No, Dragon becomes more green. At the tips of my fingers I had this gorgeous play of colour that sparkled with life. And I could not get my camera to capture this magic and depth of colour!

At one angle, Dragon and Iridescent Eye match colours so that it appears that the Dragon is asleep. Make a move and the Dragon awakens again. Such a pretty manicure. I almost added some stamping to it but there was nothing in my image plates that would add something special to this manicure.


The worst thing I can say about this manicure was that the clean up was horrendous. It feels practically impossible to get Iridescent Eye off my skin. I can still see sparkles of gold on my fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment