Saturday 22 September 2012

Turquoise Shimmer Comparison

I have these three polishes that look very similar in the bottle. When I have worn them I would swear that they are the same. So, I thought I would wear them all at once and see whether there was a difference or not.

The contenders are: Sparitual Crystal Waters, Wet N Wild Bijou Blue and Orly It's Up to Blue.


They were all different at one coat. Orly was most opaque and had the most shimmer. Wet N Wild was definitely the bluest and also the sheerest. Sparitual and Orly were fairly close in colour but the Orly had more blue.

Skip ahead to three coats. You need at least three coats with these. At this stage Orly and Sparitual look the same. Orly has the better formula and you may be able to get away with two coats on this. Wet N Wild could do with at least another coat. It is definitely different to the other two with it having much less of a metallic shimmer finish and it is more blue green. My camera is up to the usual tricks of not showing things quite right. I could not keep my little finger at the same angle to show that the two are the same side by side.

Sunlight
Shade
Index and little fingers: Sparitual Crystal Waters
Middle finger: Wet N Wild Bijou Blue
Ring finger: Orly It's Up to Blue

I have tried many times to use these polishes for a peacock manicure but it never seems to work out. Maybe it is that the manicure is much better in my head than I could make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment