Thursday 6 September 2012

Strawberry Fields Forever

Welcome to my fiftieth post and more of my ramblings.

Bribery and corruption abound. In order for me to get Miss L to clean her room, I promised her a special treat. I would paint my fingernails and her fingernails in the same design. Better than that, the design would be strawberries. Lo and behold the room was cleaned and I was to try my hand at painting strawberries on itty, bitty fingernails.

Here is a picture of our strawberry fields with my hand interlinked with Miss L's.


For the fruiting body I used one coat of L'Oreal 211 Opulent Pink. The brush was a little wild when I first opened the bottle and it seemed rather large for such a small bottle of polish. I found it slightly difficult to use on my small fingernails. One coat? A bonus.


The seeds were created with a single coat of L.A. Girl Glitter Addict in Uninhibited. This is the only black glitter I have. It would have been better to have only the micro glitter. At this point I think it resembles watermelon more than strawberries.


Next was the hard part. I am not an artist and I dreaded the idea of painting with my left hand onto my right. The only way these fingers were going to look like strawberries was to have the calyx painted on.  I was presented by Miss L with one of the brushes I use for clean up. L.A. Colors in Jungle Fever was the green used. I think my right hand my have turned out better than my left. If I had been able to get my bottle of Ulta3 Frog Prince open, I would have tried to add some veins or something to the calyx.

I am very proud of Miss L. She took this picture for me (after a few goes) but this is the only way you can get to see my right hand at the same time as my left without a tripod.


Simple, quick and pretty. I am happy with the end result. And... Miss L and I match. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment