Tuesday 30 October 2012

Not so polished pink.

I have not polished my nails in what feels like a long time. During and after moving I have had a serious case of Shabby Nubbins. When you don't have much in the way of nails in the first place, you do not have much to work with when you need to cut them off to start again.

Yesterday I wore Pretty Serious Mummy Mush for my Polish Us Pink Monday. It is not a pink polish but at certain angles it does look pink and peach. At other times you get pearl, gold, green and at one extreme, blue.


Breast Cancer is a "pretty serious" thing and no Mummy should need to turn to mush by hearing a breast cancer diagnosis. That means you need to check your breasts whether you are male or female and go to your doctor if you are at all concerned.


I used three coats of Mummy Mush for the finish above. It can appear opaque at most angles but at others you can still see the nail line. That does not bother me so much as it is a very pretty polish.


I tried to find the pink on my camera for you but I think I failed. I am sure the pink in the picture above owes more to my nail bed colour that capturing anything else.

Later on I added a daisy sequin to my nail with nail glue and a 3 mm pink rhinestone on top of that. For some reason the nail glue would not dry and secure the rhinestone to the sequin. I did manage to stick my fingers together when I plucked the slipping and sliding rhinestone off.


Although I am late with my post, there are other people on time with their Polish Us Pink! posts for the Mondays in October.



No comments:

Post a Comment