Wednesday 3 October 2012

Star Filled Royal Navy

There are these iridescent blue stars scattered all over my desk. I put as much from the package into a jar in an attempt to contain them but they would not fit. Originally I had bought them to do a special sleep over franken for my daughter when she had a friend from out of town stay over. Sadly the franken did not work as the polish and the stars did not play well together.


In an effort to use some of these stars I decided to match them with Orly Royal Navy. This is because I thought that the blue shimmer in Royal Navy would match well with the stars. Thankfully I was right. In the sunlight the shimmer looks pretty special with the colour change from the stars. Of course my photographs do not capture how good this looks in reality.


This manicure used two coats of Orly Royal Navy and then a smidge of top coat to stick the stars onto. Then a coat of top coat over the lot. I did notice in one of the pictures that you could see a little of my nail line on one of my fingers. It was not that noticeable but I could have done a third coat.


I did not clean this manicure up as I was not sure whether it would be staying on my hand or not. This was because I decided that I would try the essence Gel-Look top coat I bought a little while ago. I have used it once or twice before and I have not liked it. I am too used to quick dry top coats and I am impatient. I don't have the time or inclination to be careful with wet fingernails while it takes hours to dry.

The finish on the Gel-Look top coat was not anything special. It seems much the same as Seche Vite or any of the other top coats I use. The dry time seems to take for ever. I have not yet been able to wear this top coat on any of my manicures as the polish is still tacky an hour later. For a new bottle of top coat, the viscosity of the formula seems rather thick. I do not think I will bother with this top coat again.

No comments:

Post a Comment