Monday 8 October 2012

Polish Us Pink with Opal Hope

Phew! I finally took a break from packing to be able to bring you this next post for Polish Us Pink Breast Cancer Awareness. Moving house is not kind to your nails and mine were already suffering from quite a number of mishaps.

Recently I bought two Orly polishes from Priceline for $3 each. I was very thrilled with my bargain. One of these polishes was the birth month polish for October, Opal Hope. I could have used this for my Happy Birthday post but I always had another manicure planned for that. Opal Hope is perfect for Polish Us Pink because it is obviously pink. And the other thing I liked was that it was for October, Breast Cancer Awareness Month AND that it has hope in the name. Perfect.


First things first. I used three coats of Opal Hope to reduce visible nail line. It is still there but I could live with it as I had decided that I would do a gradient. Opal Hope also reinforces my resolve that I shall eventually have to get a new camera as I could not capture the green duochrome. This polish also has some shimmery fleck. After googling other posts about Opal Hope I did not feel so bad about not being able to capture the duochrome. 


I was going to tape my fingers off with striping tape but the polish was not dry enough. I even left a couple of dents in my polish from this. Rather than wait, because I am impatient, I sponged a gradient of Wet N Wild Lavender Pearlescent on the tips. Originally the plan was to sponge this over the tape but... I am impatient. Lavender Pearlescent is also sheer so that the flecks from Opal Hope were able to be seen through the polish. I like how it all brings the manicure together.


Last week I shared the Pink Ribbon Day website with you. Three years ago I hosted a Pink Ribbon event and they gave me the badge I featured in this post.

This week I am posting a link the the Breast Cancer Network Australia. They help you find support groups in your area and online forums. There are a few areas of information on the site about various topics such as living with breast cancer and receiving a new diagnosis.

2 comments: