Saturday 13 October 2012

Interlocking Dots

I first noted this manicure to be tried for a later date on Kelly's Kolors. Kelly's post was bookmarked in the Nail Ideas folder and that was where it stayed until now.


Fast forward to today. I wanted to do a new manicure but what? I already had Orly Sapphire Silk out on the desk. Hmmm essence You Belong to Me looks as though it would complement well with that. I did not want to stamp and I was not sure whether either of those polishes would be suitable for stamping. Then I remembered the interlocking dots.

All of my nails were painted in You Belong to Me and I applied three coats. A coat of Seche Vite was then applied because I am impatient and I did not want to wait for the polish to dry naturally before I could apply the tape.


I am a big fan of doing only one accent nail because there is less chance of me ruining the entire look. It also takes less time and it was getting close to my bedtime. So, I taped off my ring finger with some de-tackified sticky tape. On went Sapphire Silk to make a corner of teal delight. I pulled off the tape and started dotting right away. After letting the polish dry a moment, I applied another coat of Seche Vite.

I am very glad I can not take pictures of my right hand easily as I failed with my ring finger. There was little control over my dotting tool. The resulting design did look good but it certainly was not the neat interlocking design I have on my left hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment