Sunday 14 October 2012

Happy Birthday October! Black Opal

I drooled over Nubar 2010 when I first saw it. That flake goodness reminded me of black opals when it was layered over black. Something was missing from 2010 that would make the black opal just right. When Australis released Speck-tacular I realised that the play of colour was just right.

Opals are one of the birthstones for October and I always knew I was going to do a black opal manicure.


To start, I painted two coats of  Fantasy Makers Wet N Wild Black on my nails. I only managed to have this colour because I bought it for the RIP Tombstone bottle it came in. Over the top I put one layer of Australis Speck-tacular. A simple manicure but rather rich and gorgeous. I wish I had real black opals to photograph with it.


The black opal image is from the Wikipedia page for opal with the original image posted on flickr by sulla55.

No comments:

Post a Comment