Monday 1 October 2012

Butter London Pink Ribbon... Month

I received Butter London Pink Ribbon free with a copy of InStyle Magazine issue for October 2012. The other free polish available is Red Pillar Box. It is not difficult to see why I prefer Red Pillar Box to Pink Ribbon. I was not going to get Pink Ribbon but I thought I may as well try out the pale pink/nude. This is a polish I never would have bought but I have been thrilled with the other Butter Londons I have.


Peek a boo! Can you see my nail line? This is with FIVE layers of polish. At least it matches the little pink ribbon decoration I placed on my ring finger. Pink Ribbon applied fine but it is too sheer for my liking.


I thought I would make this polish the first manicure for October as this month you will see plenty of events for Pink Ribbon Day. This year Pink Ribbon Day is on the 22nd October. I will have to remember to do a special manicure on on the 22nd. Funds raised from Pink Ribbon Day help support research and services provided by the Cancer Council.

Are you going to host an event? Will you get decked out in pink? I hope you do because it is always a bit of fun.

This post is also the first in the Polish Us Pink Breast Cancer Awareness Collection. I had already done this post and scheduled it for the 1st October when I read a post at The Subtle Shimmer about painting our nails pink for Breast Cancer Awareness.

I am hoping all goes well with the inlinkz tool. I have never used it before. What is blogging about? Doing something different, trying new things and sharing. Cross your fingers as there should be links to the other bloggers being polished pink.



8 comments:

  1. You girls are lucky to get a free butter LONDON with a mag! I suppose this shade is more for a French mani? I do like that jellyish quality, neverthless. And your InLinkz works! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would work well for a French manicure. I have never done one on myself and I don't feel like my nails are long enough to wear one. Especially at the moment, my nails are extra short. :(

      Delete
  2. I love that the name of this polish is so apt!! How crazy that it needed 5 layers though :o Cute little ribbon by the way!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Free Butter London polish! It IS a bit sheer, might look great as a glitter sandwich. A very pretty and subtle mani.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your cute little nubbins! Cute bow too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah I got both these two (I bought the mag once, score a girlfriend's cast off too:)). I've worn pink ribbon once. While I love the idea of sheer(ish) pinks etc when you've got pinky pale freckle skin it really is difficult to carry these colours off. So I probably won't be wearing it again. But it looks lovely on you and the VNL isn't showing up in the pics. Well done on the ribbon - that would have been way too technical for me!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I polished in pink.
    Love your mani!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are all too kind. :) Thank you very much for your comments!

    I bought the little bow in a wheel from eBay. I had plans for Christmas manicures with them. While I was trying to work out how I could dress up the manicure a little without doing awareness ribbons on it, I saw that the bow was the same colour. It is just a darker version and metallic.

    ReplyDelete