Monday 15 October 2012

Polish Us Pink! Dots and Ruffles

I thought long and hard about what I could do for this manicure. I did not want to stamp and I wanted to do something that I had not done before. Honestly, it was a bonus to be simple.

Today I present three pinks to you. Mode Cerise is a pink that builds up to a cherry red. When you marble with this colour it is definitely pink. The neon shade is Hollywood from the B Collection by Bloom. I have never used a Bloom polish before but this was one out of a set of three I bought. I will have to try one out as a base to see what it is like. Last of all I thought I would use the Cleo magazine freebie, Nails Inc Bag a Bachelor. I loathe the formula on Bag a Bachelor but since I was dotting, it was not going to matter.


I started out with Cerise and gave my nails two coats except on my ring finger as that was going to be the accent nail. Then with a dotting tool I simply added large dots of Hollywood and then small dots of Bag a Bachelor.


For the accent finger I decided I would try a ruffle. I had tried once before with this style and I failed. Honestly, how could someone fail at putting dots in lines across their fingernail? Me. This time it worked out much better. I did not bother with a base colour and simply dotted my three pinks in rows. Voila! Done!



The McGrath Foundation has a very specific goal for their fundraising. They use the funds to place Breast Care Nurses in communities throughout Australia. The other focus in on raising awareness in young women.

No comments:

Post a Comment