Tuesday 6 November 2012

The race that stops a nation - Melbourne Cup.

Today was the day of the big race. When I started work at my new location I was told that it was a must to get all dressed up for Melbourne Cup Day. It is tradition to wear clothing like you were going to the races with fascinators. They also tend to go to a luncheon.

I did frock up in a black halter neck dress with red roses. I would have liked to match my dress to my nails but I did not have time to polish my nails. The time factor was what made me choose Avon Red Velvet for the matte polish dries super fast factor. I had hoped to get some stamping in before I stuck things to my nails but I did not have time for that either.


For decoration I went with the black butterflies and the black and white roses. There were some fimo slice butterflies in red that I decided to put on too. Unfortunately my skill in handling the nail glue was dismal. I got it all over my fingers. There is a spot of it on the floor. Yes, I even spilled a large part of the bottle onto my coffee table. Lint will be seen in the pictures too as I tried to get some of the glue off with acetone. Not my luckiest of days.


I also did not win anything in the work sweeps. :P I did win a compliment from a male customer when I gave him his change. He reassured me that I did not stab him with my butterflies.

If I had done my nails after the race I could have done them in honour of the winning horse, Green Moon.

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely love this post! Beautiful nails.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hopefully next year I will be more prepared with something different. If I looked good in yellow... Or some horse related designs... :)

      Delete