Sunday 11 November 2012

Gloomy Sunday - Black on Matte

It is a dismal, gloomy day. A Gloomy Sunday. I first encountered "Gloomy Sunday" in the movie "Schindler's List". The song has a reputation for being associated with suicide. I do not know if the song deserves the reputation or not but I definitely feel more despondent in rainy weather.


I applied two coats of Orly Matte Vinyl and this gave me a black chalkboard like finish. In the picture above you can see some of the rain drops that fell on my nails as I took these pictures. There is some smearing on the lower left from a drop on the lens of the camera. I braved the rain as I have been unable to take decent pictures inside my house.


The look of shiny stamping over matte has been something I have wanted to try for some time. So I used Konad Black and stamped a design from MJ VIII. I like how simple and subtle the design is. It's something different to have the sheen of the special polish picking out the features of the design as a counterpoint to the dullness of the matte.

I thought I had cleaned up well but black is not your friend in the clean up stakes. This is especially true with Konad Black. I used cotton buds AND a brush to get into the crevices. Ooops. I can't seem to get all of that polish out.

No comments:

Post a Comment