Friday 16 November 2012

Iridescent Eye visiting the Celtic Moon

I decided that I would do something with my right hand. There was a blank canvas of Orly Matte Vinyl and it was begging for me to decorate it.

Another design from MJ VIII was used with Jessica Iridescent Eye as the stamping polish. I had heard how well China Glaze's Bohemian collection stamped over black and I thought that this polish would as well. The full nail image I used appears to be a variation of a Celtic Knot treatment.


I would have left my nails with just the Celtic Knot design over the matte black polish but I had a slight mishap. All of my nails stamped well except for the little finger. Since I did not have a top coat on, I could not remove my failure and re-stamp. I was also reluctant to remove all of the nail polish and start again. Putting another layer of Matte Vinyl and then stamping over that would have made my polish too thick on my nail.

Over to one side of the coffee table I still had some paper reinforcer stickers. I still have not tested the design I was going to do with them when I pulled them out of the box! The perfect solution was to use the stickers as guides to make half moons. When I painted the rest of the nail with Iridescent Eye, my little mistake where the polish did not go would be covered.


These pictures were difficult to take as I had little light to work with the first time I tried. When I had light outside available the manicure had lots of wear as I did not use top coat to seal it all in. I wanted to preserve the matte. The other reason why it was difficult to take picture is because of my camera. It is hard to hold the camera in my left hand, keep it steady AND push the button to take the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment