Sunday 25 November 2012

Christmas Pudding

Ever since I have seen Christmas Pudding manicure designs, I have waited for Christmas to arrive so that I can finally do one. With the work Christmas Party, I thought it was a brilliant opportunity to be able to do a Christmas Pudding design earlier.


For the cake part of the pudding I started with OPI Who Comes Up With These Names? Two coats later I left it overnight. In the morning I applied L.A. Girl Uninhibited to represent the fruit in the pudding. It would be great if I had a polish with the small black glitter for the sultanas and raisins and the larger glitter was red for glace cherries.


Excuse the very early morning light for the picture. I was up and making cupcakes for the party that night at 4:30 in the morning. The glitter dried quickly and that allowed me to paint the sauce on using Ulta3 Lily White with a nail art brush. I always envisaged having this manicure with holly on it but I didn't have anything I could use and my nails are too small for any stamping images.


I managed to get the cakes cooked, frosted and decorated before I left for work that morning. A load of washing was done for the children with their school uniforms for the day. Phew! The party went well and we scored plenty of things. I won a bottle of wine with my raffle ticket and another two bottles through auctions with play money. Mr R spent the rest of my money and was very proud of himself. He won a hamper stuffed with sweet and savoury food. Only about half of the items can be seen here.


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. :D

      When I emailed these to my mother the only comment I received was, "You forgot the cherries."

      I found one of the posts that really inspired me to try this. http://olivia2901.blogspot.com.au/2011/12/christmas-pudding-nails.html

      Delete