Wednesday 7 November 2012

Green Moon and winner of the 2012 Melbourne Cup

I am not that interested in the Melbourne Cup except as an excuse or inspiration for nail art. Cup Day was about frocking up at w ork. When I heard that the winner of the cup was Green Moon, I instantly thought of green moon fingernails.

A moon manicure is something I have never tried. Luckily I did get some paper reinforcement stickers in preparation for such a day. I do think that a moon style is better suited for longer nails than mine but I could not resist with a tribute to this Irish horse.


In my quest for fast polish drying and mixing things up a little, I used Orly Viridian Vinyl as my base colour. It is a green matte polish although the finish tends to be more satin. I let that dry overnight while I did a Google search to find out what the colours were of the jockey's silks.

This morning I woke up and got my paper reinforcers ready with Orly Blue Suede. The satin matte polish to bring the look together while drying fast. Brett Prebble's silks were navy blue with white stripes as armbands. I don't own a white matte (*gasp*) and I did not think that white would go over the navy well.


Green Moon turned out better than I expected for I worried about my placement of the moons. Also, I would have liked to have been able to put a white stripe on for the other part of the jockey's silks but opacity and bleeding concerned me. There could be lots of improvement but this will do fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment