Monday 19 November 2012

Movember and International Men's Day

Today is International Men's Day and about two thirds of the way through for those growing their (hopefully) spectacular moustaches for Movember. I am proud to admit that Movember was started in Australia and has grown from there. It seems we have a lot to do to catch up to those Canadians but at least we are giving our men some support for men's issues.

Visit the Australian Movember website has lots of information, merchandise and ways to connect to other Mo Bros. Most importantly you can donate to the foundation for the funds to be used for men's health initiatives such as prostate cancer and mental health.


The theme for International Men's Day for 2012 is health to tie this post in nicely with the aims of Movember. Helping men to be aware of their own bodies and minds will help them to live longer and happier lives. That is something to want for every special man and man-to-be in our lives.

Don't Feed the Hand Models from Sephora by OPI tends to be my go to nude base colour. I have used it here in two coats to represent skin. I would have done different skin colours but I did not have the polishes to represent that.


On the new MJ VIII image plate there is a full nail image of different moustache styles. These are perfect for Movember. Different shades of Kleancolor Metallics were used to represent different whisker colours for the moustaches. We have Metallic Black for black whiskers, Metallic Mango for the ginger whiskers, Metallic Yellow for the blond whiskers and Coffee Addict for the brown whiskers.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE these! Those stamps are too cute and you used gorgeous colors for them! I may need to invest in some more Kleancolors now...Thank you SO much for adding this onto the gallery and for giving important props to Australia for its role in this important push for awareness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I scheduled this and then found the inlinkz code. So I updated the post for the inlinkz code. Then I had to remember that I needed to add my post to the collection.

      Thanks for the comments. :) This post helped me out because I had already looked into Movember. I was asked to send out something for a work fundraiser. I will have to work how I will do my nails.

      Delete