Saturday 17 November 2012

Living in Sin with Fairy Bread

I managed to get my hands on Australis Fairy Bread and then it languished in a box. The good news is that I took it out and put it over another untried, Chi Chi Living in Sin. Fairy Bread is a limited edition polish and I found Living in Sin on the bargain bin at Target. Both have "silly" names that attract me, especially Living in Sin.


Chi Chi describe Living in Sin as "violet with a hint of black" but I find it more purplish blue. A blackened purplish blue if you want. I was worried about the colour because I did not know how frosty it would be. It applied well but I found that the colour is completely different with and without top coat. The name of the line is failing me right now, but I know the clear topcoat colour changing properties are a feature of a collection. In this case, the colour is paler, more silvery in appearance.


After applying one coat of Living in Sin, I brushed and dabbed on a coat of Fairy Bread. I found that Fairy Bread seemed to change the colour to appear more navy.


The curling in the glitters can be seen easily in the below picture. I think that they look good in this case but I have not been a fan of curves in my glitter so far.


In this instance I think Living in Sin with Fairy Bread is a good idea. ;)

6 comments:

  1. Love ChiChi and Australis - especially in clearance bins LOL)) The combination is very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also bought Chi Chi Fricken Weekend at the same time. At least I have already used that one. I have too many untried polishes.

      Delete
  2. I like this, its very pretty. You can never have enough glitter! Good polish names always reel me in too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be good if Zoya was easier to get here. What person does not like the thrill of wearing a polish "named after" them. Unless it is a colour you hate. I managed to get one for my mother and one for a friend's daughter from evilBay and nailetc when they had them.

      Delete
  3. I've wanted fairy bread forever and every time I see it in the shop I'm like 'Noooo! Contain yourself Julz!' haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Battle of the wills. I know that one well. It's a limited edition. It's Australian. It's even better when it is on special AND it is pretty.

    I can't ever see myself using a full bottle of it. I did use a full bottle of Specktacular.

    ReplyDelete