Monday 26 November 2012

MUD Blue Moon - What is MUD polish like?

MUD - Make Up Design nail polish is a new release at Woolworths Supermarkets. Two colours stowed away into my trolley when I did the grocery shopping. Blue Moon is the first one I have tried.

The packaging makes a few claims about this polish. They claim it has high shine and does not streak. I think it fails on both accounts because the only way this polish became shiny was with the addition of a top coat. Application was streaky and required three coats to achieve the opacity in these pictures. Blue Moon's packaging claims that you only need two coats under their Tips and Tricks.


Blue Moon IS a pretty polish. If you ignore the claims on the packaging and consider it as a budget concious polish, then it is not too bad. It is a lovely shade of blue that looks good within three coats of polish. That is not overly excessive although I prefer to use two coats at the most.

To spice up the manicure I added Humble Bee. I want to do a proper manicure with effort for this heavily desired and hard to get polish. I think it pops nicely against the blue. It would have been great to get more pictures but my PVA glue based polished started popping off before I could get more pictures in the afternoon after work. I just don't have the heart to redo the manicure and it looks like overcast, miserable weather has set in.

No comments:

Post a Comment