Saturday 21 July 2012

Godmother's Magic - A Franken

I saw Barielle's Elle's Spell on several blogs and I wanted it. Mainly it was because I wanted to give it to my Strumpet. The name itself is close to her name and it is pretty with that flakie goodness. Sadly, I could not seem to get my hands on it. eBay even failed me as it so often does with quite a few brands. If it is China Glaze, OPI or Orly you are in with a good chance and you are most likely able to get it significantly cheaper buying it from the United States than buying it in Australia. Even with the postage.

Looking at Elle's Spell it seemed as though it was something that I could make my own version of. It was not like I was going to get the real thing and be disappointed with what I had. Elle's Spell is just a red with flakes. Right?



Rimmel's Celebrity Bash came in a five pack of Rimmel polishes for $5 at a discount store. I have probably worn it once and I decided it was a good candidate to sacrifice to my cause. Nubar 2010 is a polish I strongly desired when I first saw it. I have no argument that it is a stunning polish but I was not wearing it. Over black it has a black opal beauty but it lacks some of the other colours that make it perfect. Although you can get blue and green from the flakes they tend towards the red end of the spectrum. Adding 2010 to Celebrity Bash would also make it more jelly-like rather than a creme. I probably used 2 parts of 2010 to 1 part Celebrity Bash. Looking at the final result, I could most likely add more 2010 but I did not have any more room in my bottle.

I had a terrible time taking these pictures as it is Winter and a wind is increasing the chill. Since the sun was popping in and out from behind clouds I had to try to wait for a decent amount of sun. I know my photography skills leave much to be desired but if I tried being a professional, I think it would take the fun out of it. Here's a shot that shows up the flakes slightly more.



This one is for my Strumpet and Godmother to my children. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment