Monday 30 July 2012

Aussie Aussie Aussie!

No! No! No! :(

When I received the ICNA A1 Australia Konad image plate, I was looking forward to using some of the designs on it. Generally I find that Konad's images are too large for most of my nails so I don't bother buying them. I bought the Christmas Konad image plate and gave it away to someone else for a Christmas gift when I saw that there was no way I could comfortably fit the icons onto my nails. This might give you an idea of the size of my nails.


And the back of this plate. I had already used the plate and some nail polish remover has obviously made a ring of wetness on the back.



The problem I had was not with this plate. No, it was with the polish I chose to try the first trial of images out with. I knew that I would most likely have to do more than one manicure to be able to enjoy the designs. I used Ulta3 Frog Prince and Ulta3 Honolulu. I bought both of these from my local Woolworths supermarket. More Nail Polish has an Ulta3 Colour Guide. Be warned, the link is VERY image heavy and takes a while to open.

Frog Prince was not too bad. I expected it to be sheer from the pictures I had seen on More Nail Polish but it was opaque in two coats. I bought Frog Prince because I wanted a middle of the range green because I have dreams of rainbows on my nails.

Honolulu is a bright yellow that I let the children choose when we were shopping. I thought it would do for a good creme yellow for the above rainbows. Originally I had intended on getting China Glaze Happy Go Lucky for my yellow creme. It looks as though someone had been opening it before I bought it. It was gluggy and did not apply well. An hour afterwards it still had not dried and had crinkled underneath my Essie Good to Go. I like to let my layers dry at least five minutes between each coat and that usually works well. Maybe I might use Seche Restore to thin it and that might improve the dry time and formula.


I used Konad special polishes for the stamping. On my thumb is the swan in black for the Black Swans of Western Australia. My middle "swear" finger has a moss green koala and on my ring finger is an indistinct yellow kangaroo.Topping these with Seche Vite helped with the crinkle problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment