Thursday 26 July 2012

One Horned Goat? - A Franken

When something is called Unicorn Puke and it is purple, how could you not want it? Yes, I missed out on Cult Nails Unicorn Puke. Maybe I was not reading the right blogs? I also try to ignore brands that appear to be difficult to get to the bottom end of the world. That could be it too. Yes, I also missed out on getting the re-named Clairvoyant.

Oh well, I have some flakie polish. Let's try to make something. I decided to make up a purple rather than using one out of my hoard of polish. Rimmel 60 Seconds Blue My Mind was mixed with N.Y.C. Color Redhead. I lightened the colour with N.Y.C. Casper. My heavy hand and the fact that I mixed this under artificial light without the picture speaks volumes about how much this colour does not resemble Unicorn Puke/Clairvoyant.

For the flake component I used Australis Crystal Colour Top Coat in Speck-tacular. In the 13 ml bottle I frankened in, I probably used 8 ml of this... And still there was not enough flake. I did have a jelly polish. A jelly, very subtle flake polish.

Close up on the nail


This would not do at all. With what was left in my bottle of Speck-tacular, I set to work oomphing up the flakes. Somehow, I think I would like more flakes but after three coats it seems as though that might be almost impossible. They were a pain to catch out in the sun so I had to make do with an indoor picture.


Why call it Seductive One Horned Goat? It is definitely no unicorn. This franken is like a fake unicorn from mediaeval times, a goat with one horn attached to the middle of the head. A dismal failure for duplicating but still a nice enough polish. I like the jelly finish and the colour. I am not sure if I would overcome the disappointment of not having much flake but be satisfied with the little glimpses of magic that pop through.

No comments:

Post a Comment