Saturday 14 July 2012

In the beginning...


Very recently I was ill for quite a while. Spending a lot of time in bed with plenty of fluids and bed rest also gave me A LOT of time to spend online. That meant that I viewed many nail blogs. I found that I could not comment on the work of these very talented people without an account.

Nail polish has been an obsession of mine for a little over a year. I am a classic nail biter that gave up and discovered the beautiful rainbow world that is nail polish. My nails are still terrible. They peel and break without any decent length to them. While this does not make for compliments or stunning pictures, they are my nails that I get to lavish with love and colour.

There has been a little frankening going on at my house and I thought that having a blog might be a way to capture those things that I have created. My children have caught the bug too and I am sure that I will feel the pressure to record their creations as well.

So, this blog was born out of my desire to show my admiration for the talented bloggers and as a way to "scrapbook" some of my nail mis-adventures.

Ice Cream Cake - A Franken



I thought about the combination for this franken over and over again while I was in bed recovering. In amongst my nail polishes there was N.Y.C. Color's Angel, a pretty white polish with shimmer but very sheer. It was not something I was going to bother wearing and it was put aside for frankening. Rimmel's Nail Tip Whitener was added to make the mixture more opaque. The last addition to this creation was OPI Extra-Va-Vaganza.

You would think that the resulting mixture would be white with orange and gold glitter. A name was already waiting, something along the lines of Shattered Soul. Extra-Va-Vagnza had other ideas and revealed that it is very multi-coloured. Added to the white it did not appear the very orange type of glitter that I knew I could not wear a lot of, hence the use in the franken to make it (hopefully) more wearable. To me, the resulting franken was much like vanilla ice cream cake with those sprinkles that they like to mix in.

No comments:

Post a Comment