Sunday 29 July 2012

Nails Inc Polishes with Cleo August 2012 Issue

I don't know when Cleo's issues are usually released since I don't usually buy magazines. Last week I bought two copies of Cleo so I could try Nails Inc. There are three shades available but I did not fancy the coral, neonish We Heart Ita. In my local supermarket the main colour that was left was We Heart Ita. So, I guess it is not a popular colour with other people around here. I ended up with Bag a Bachelor and Cleopatra's Kiss.


Bag a Bachelor is a soft pink and Cleopatra's Kiss is a metallic silver. I decided that Miss L would love the pink and you can't really go wrong with a silver. All three polishes were specially made by Nails Inc for Cleo and I am uncertain if the formula is indicative of Nails Inc's regular lines.


I tried Cleopatra's Kiss first and was very impressed by what appeared to be a one coat. opaque polish. Three of my fingers seemed to dry on my left hand but, I removed and re-applied the polish to my ring and little fingers three times. They never dried even with quick dry top coat. On my right hand there was some kind of reaction with the top coat that made the finish odd in appearance. Whilst the surface was smooth, it looked rippled underneath. I gave up and removed it all to discover that the dry polish was not dry.
Undaunted, I decided that I would try Cleopatra's Kiss as a stamping polish.

Since Bag a Bachelor is a light pink, I did not hold any hopes for being opaque. Yes, the polish went on streaky and after my experience with Cleopatra's Kiss, I was not keen on doing more than two coats in case it did not dry. A third coat would be required to make the finish the best. I was stamping over it anyway and handing the polish over to Miss L.

Now stamping with Cleopatra's Kiss is another story. It is a great chrome silver finish. I wish that the weather and my hand/camera would co-operate because it stamped perfectly without a single problem. In fact, I am considering picking up a second bottle/magazine for a back up to stamp with.



The image is from Bundle Monster's third series of plates and is number BM-312.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! I was getting frustrated with the polished by the time I was finished but I have fallen in love with Cleopatra's Kiss for stamping. I've used it yet again for another manicure.

      Delete