Monday 31 December 2012

Darling Diva Apple Crisp

Time has flown over the Christmas break. It is not too long before I will need to go back to work. Until then I will continue to enjoy the antics of Mr R and Miss L.

Today I bring to you Apple Crisp from Darling Diva Polish. It is a scented polish and it slakes my desire for Femme Fatale Stolen Reindeer except for one important point. I removed the polish soon after as the scent was not my cup of tea. Although I am sure I picked up a vanilla smell, I am sure it also smelled like cinnamon as well. No, they are not bad smells but they were definitely too strong!


For my base colour I used two coats of Colour by T.B.N Raisin. This brand of polish has a strong smell but it has an interesting array of colours available for a cheap price. Raisin is a great brown and it helps to flesh out the browns in my collection.

.

Look at the mix of colours in this polish. I love the addition of the different red glitters with the holographic and iridescent. My version of the polish does not appear to have as much green glitter as in the pictures from Darling Diva's listing. I do not mind one little bit as this is still visually appealing. I just wish I could stand the smell of this.

Unlike most Darling Diva Polishes, I did not need to thin this. Darling Diva does not cut the suspension base so you can add thinner to make the consistency you would like. Most of the time I find I need to add thinner because the base is too thick to apply.

No comments:

Post a Comment