Tuesday 11 December 2012

Countdown to Christmas

It is hard to believe that it is only two weeks until Christmas. We spend so long with the build up in the shops and then the day itself is suddenly here.


We have two countdown calendars in our house. One for Mr R and one for Miss L. Yesterday I took pictures of Darling Diva's A Christmas Story with Miss L's. I did intend on trying to get the pictures up last night but I am sure that somewhere it will still be 15 days to go when I post.

Most of the pictures I have seen posted of A Christmas Story have shown the polish as a green and red microglitter mix. It sparkles freely but there is a hidden delight. Yes, there is a holographic element. Taking the pictures in the sun showed the rainbow of colour.


For the base colour I used Sephora by OPI Mr Right Now. I feel this was the perfect red after applying two coats to match the red of the glitter in the bottle. Only one coat of A Christmas story was required and I applied two coats of Seche Vite as the first coat was not smooth and slick.

2 comments:

  1. That is SO pretty out in the sun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks pretty good indoors too. I tried it over green as an accent nail when my ring finger polish came off. It looks good like that too.

      Delete