Saturday 5 January 2013

Santa left Illamasqua in my Christmas Stocking.

Before Christmas I had the opportunity to visit Illamasqua. I had decided that I would get Viridian as my chosen polish. When I arrived in store I browsed the holiday special catalogue and found the two Christmas duo packs. The bright pack had Viridian and a special limited edition release, Glitterati. Needless to say, I did not pass up the opportunity to get the pack at the special price of $38. Usually it would cost $42 to buy two Illamasqua polishes.



After I got home I stashed this set away to put in my Christmas stocking. Hey! I need to have something for Christmas when Mr R and Miss L are getting exceptionally spoilt. How else can I get spoilt except with some lovely polish? Illamasqua no less.

Viridian has been shown to perfection on much lovelier nails than mine. I thought I would show Glitterati with some nail art done with Viridian. Two coats were applied of this gorgeous dark red jelly-like polish that is packed with holographic glitter.


To do the nail art I used two circle paper reinforcement stickers to make a curved shape on my thumb. My nails were cut and filed back today because of breakage and I felt that my thumb offered the best canvas as it is the largest area to work with. Then I dotted on the version of OPI Not Like the Movies that is not "oil slick" multi-chromatic. A large and small dotting tool were used. Inside the large dots I finally dotted some Virdian. Without placing this over Not Like the Movies, I feel that you would not have been able to appreciate Viridian against Glitterati. Sadly, my top coat did smear some of the Viridian dots.


2 comments:

  1. sorry but you have awful nails.. maybe try some conditioner to grow nails..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am well aware that I have awful nails. If only the solution was as easy as to use some "nail conditioner" to grow my nails.

      In fact, due to the length of my nail beds there is a high possibility that I will never have decently long nails. This is as my nails will break due to the proportions of my nail beds. So now I try to teach my children not to bite their nails so that they will not have the same problem.

      Thank you for your assistance.

      Delete